The Lounge
Welcome to The Lounge
The Lounge
Welcome to The Lounge
The Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Must Read  
I'M BACK!

What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life Empty
PostSubject: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:19 pm

"What is life?"

The most asked question in history. Since humans developed a mind of their own, they've been asking this question. And since this question has first been asked, it had an infinite amount of answers and none. For it seems that most people who ask this never really expect any answers, and when presented with one, being human beings, they dismiss it.

“Why are we here? And how did we end up like this?”

If you are a Christian you’d say “Because God made us, and he has a special purpose for each and every one of us.” If you’re an evolutionist it would be because we evolved from a branch of creatures which suspiciously look a lot like apes (therefore apes must have evolved from them too), and that creature, in turn, evolved from a much simpler life form which also evolved from some even simpler life form and so on. If you’re a hardcore geek you’d say something like: Our ancestors were from the distant planet of Krazzar. They were a highly advanced civilization that already discovered the joys of pizza, chocolate, and nuclear warfare millions of years before we did. And because of this, they blew up their own planet had to build a giant spaceship and land on this planet that they decided to call Earth. But because of overdoses from highly radioactive junk food, they became immensely stupid and had to discover everything all over again. If you were an apathist you wouldn’t care. If you were a philosopher you wouldn’t have an answer. If you were an idiot, you wouldn’t have one either. If you ask yourself this question all the time, chances are, you’ll never be satisfied with an answer. If you were crazy you’d say you’re God. And if you were enlightened and you actually know the answer already, you’d be dead.

So it came to pass that I thought about these and I said to myself, “Why indeed are we here?” Then I answered to myself “Well, because...maybe because if there is a God (like everybody here says), then he probably wanted us to be here.”

“Why?”

“Because there was nothing except for him and that must have been awfully boring and he obviously all the time before the beginning to plan it all. So he made us cuz he was bored- I mean he wanted someone to love.”

“But he already has all his angels there to keep him company.”

“...”

“Maybe he was bored with them because they were either too perfectly good, or too perfectly bad.”

“Maybe”

Now, I, being somebody who asks this question all the time, wasn’t satisfied with this answer. Besides, we don’t even know if God’s really there in the first place. So I asked myself this question again with a different answer. And I did this again, and again, and again...and again. And each sane, logical, series of answers arrived at the same conclusion: we never really had to be here in the first place, didn’t we? We just can’t accept that so we keep on asking “Why? Why? Why?” We just ain’t capable of accepting that we aren’t here for any reason at all. And once we do manage to accept that fact. We’d turn to despair and soon go crazy. I haven’t met anyone who actually believed in what a loon said.

Of course, I believe myself as much as I believe Chuck Norris.

Nobody believes in Chuck Norris. Not even me.

You must be thinking why I took the time to write all this only to conclude with this.

If you, dear reader, actually took the time to read this “purposeless” essay and managed to reach the end (which is this) then I’ll tell you why:

I want to hear what you think.

Discuss.

Last edited by Sgt. Pineapple on Tue May 26, 2009 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
~::Eyzuu::~

Lounge Credits : 1000357

Reader
Name: ~::Eyzuu::~
Chosen Field: Librarian
Credit Amount:
What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life Left_bar_bleue200/200What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I really think it is Science...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:38 pm

~::Eyzuu::~ wrote:
I really think it is Science...
Science as in what? Elaborate. I wanna hear more about what you think.
Back to top Go down

Reader
Credit Amount:
What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life Left_bar_bleue200/200What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:41 pm

I.... I dunno xD... I need time to think about it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MonMon
Maestro
Maestro
MonMon

Lounge Credits : 4000490

Reader
Name: Godfather
Chosen Field: Author
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Wanna hear what i'm currently thinking???
*Man how did this guy able to make such wall of text and ask what is life?Is he a genius?*
Back to top Go down
http://thelounge.omgforum.net

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:11 pm

So what's your answer Mon2?
Back to top Go down
MonMon
Maestro
Maestro
MonMon

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:24 pm

My answer is simple!
It's because we asked it!
If we didn't made a question about what is life?why are we here?We wouldn't have now much problem solving it because in the days they were not a single question about but now they try and try to find the answer yet they fail!
So if we didn't asked that question at the first place then we wouldn't have problem now solving it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:03 am

MonMon wrote:
My answer is simple!
It's because we asked it!
If we didn't made a question about what is life?why are we here?We wouldn't have now much problem solving it because in the days they were not a single question about but now they try and try to find the answer yet they fail!
So if we didn't asked that question at the first place then we wouldn't have problem now solving it!
The question isn't about the problem of "why?" it's because of the "why?" itself. Do you understand? Let me try to explain. For example: "What is 2+2=?" The answer is four. And even if nobody asked that question and looked for the answer, the answer, 4, would still exist. Now...if somebody asked "2+2=?" and got the answer "9". And somehow that person knew that his answer was wrong. So he would have to go through the problem of trying to find the right answer. And even if he can't find it. It's still there. Four. Just like the question of "Why?", the answer is still there. Whether anybody asks it or not. Asking is just the way to finding that answer.

Feel free to disagree with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:34 am

Wow...This topic is really deep. It actually makes me question a lot of things now. O.O -brain short-circuiting- Oh dear, I need to go fix my brain now. =.=" But seriously, I can't really think of what i think of this topic or post. GAH! My grammar has betrayed me. TT^TT
Back to top Go down
MonMon
Maestro
Maestro
MonMon

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:37 am

Hahahaha!!!
You need some mechanics to fix your Cyborg Brain Reyleigh!
BTW!
You watch onepiece?Reyleigh is Gol D. Roger's Vice captain am i right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:56 am

Ermm...I don't watch One Piece but AWESOME! He be a vice captain?! xD I just found this name from the internet and fell in love with it. xDDDD And let's stay in topic I think we be spamming now.
Back to top Go down
MonMon
Maestro
Maestro
MonMon

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:03 pm

OK!
First why don't you get your free 50 dollars at the Gold Mine!!
Limited time only(Thu may 28 2009 from 11:00 to 12:00 only)

The next reply must be the topic!!!Or be warned!!
Back to top Go down
kairos

kairos

Lounge Credits : 79

Reader
Name: Don Kairos
Credit Amount:
What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life Left_bar_bleue0/200What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life Empty_bar_bleue  (0/200)

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Still..

I believe in Science...
Back to top Go down
http://hoybenok.blogspot.com
Wazzy

Wazzy

Lounge Credits : 1000083

Reader
Name: Wazzy
Chosen Field: Proof Reader
Credit Amount:
What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life Left_bar_bleue0/200What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life Empty_bar_bleue  (0/200)

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:28 pm

*bump*
Back to top Go down
kairos

kairos

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:29 pm

LOL

I believe in the science theory.
Back to top Go down
Wazzy

Wazzy

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:31 pm

kairos wrote:
LOL

I believe in the science theory.

if you do, post the theory here.

hahaha
Back to top Go down
kairos

kairos

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:00 pm

The evolution theory.

If you want the full article about it then go here: en.wikipedia.org then search it.
Back to top Go down
MonMon
Maestro
Maestro
MonMon

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Science theory
it's much easier to gain solutions using Science!
Back to top Go down
kairos

kairos

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:31 pm

MonMon wrote:
Science theory

This is right!

That's why many goes with the science theory.
Back to top Go down
Wazzy

Wazzy

Reader
Credit Amount:

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:21 pm

kairos wrote:
MonMon wrote:
Science theory

This is right!

That's why many goes with the science theory.

it is much easier using Math
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life   What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What, Why and How: A Reflection On The Origin Of Life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge :: Lounge Room :: Open Section-
Jump to: